GEAR UP MNPS is a movement in our community to expand the college-going culture in Nashville and empower students to succeed.
GEAR UP MNPS provides Davidson County students with a clear path to college. Funded through a seven-year grant from the U.S. Department of Education and administered by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission, GEAR UP MNPS works with 19 schools across the district to promote college readiness and success.
How GEAR UP MNPS Works
- GEAR UP will serve a cohort of 1,600 students in the Class of 2018, along with 1,000 graduating seniors each year through 2019.
- GEAR UP provides students with direct services, including mentoring, tutoring, college visits, and financial aid counseling.
- GEAR UP offers parents workshops on financial aid, college advising, college trips, and other family events.
- GEAR UP supports educators with professional development, conferences, and school-based assistance.
- GEAR UP depends on the knowledge and expertise of administrators, counselors, and teachers.
GEAR UP MNPS Staff
JP Gray, Project Director
Lisa Fojo, Project Manager
Elise Burns, Project Manager
La'Kishia Harris, Project Manager